Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Black Bean Chili Soup

This is an easy recipe to make in the crock-pot.

Ingredients:

1 15oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 14.5 oz. can of mexican stewed tomatoes (i.e. tomatoes with green chilies), undrained
1 14.5 oz. can of regular diced tomatoes, undrained
1 11oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
16 ozs. of veggie broth or broth of your choice
4 green onions, sliced
1 small green pepper, sliced
3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
1TBS chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1-2 cloves garlic, minced

Directions:
Place all ingredients in slow-cooker and cook for 5-6 hours on low heat.
When I made this, I had the crock pot on "high" and it was getting too hot and depleting the fluids.
The first night I ate this I added some tortilla chips to my soup bowl and had a "tortilla soup."
The next day, (because you will have leftovers) I made a grilled cheese sandwich and dipped it into the soup. It's nice on a cold day.

No comments:

Post a Comment